Daphne D. Saddler joined the firm as an associate in 2015 and concentrates her practice in civil litigation. Daphne developed her trial skills while serving as an assistant public defender in the Third Judicial Circuit. In three years, she litigated hundreds of criminal cases including first degree felony matters through trial.
Daphne was born and raised in Boston, Massachusetts. For her undergraduate study, she attended the University of Massachusetts and studied abroad in Senegal, West Africa, where she completed a thesis on micro-lending in the undeveloped world. She then moved to Gainesville, Florida, to complete her law degree at the University of Florida, Fredric G. Levin College of Law.
While at the University of Florida, Daphne earned the Book Award in Trial Practice, served as the President of the Corporate & Securities Litigation Group, competed in the National Black Law Student Association Frederick Douglas Moot Court Competition, and was an active member of the Law College Council. Additionally, Daphne was editor of both the Florida Journal of International Law and Florida Journal of Technology Law and Policy. Daphne clerked for both Judge Karen S. Jennemann of the United States Bankruptcy Court, Middle District of Florida and Judge Robert P. Cates of the Eighth Judicial Circuit Court in Gainesville, Florida.
Since 2008 Daphne has made Gainesville her home. She and her family enjoy martial arts, strategy board games, and fishing near Horseshoe Beach.
- Florida, 2011
- University of Florida Fredric G. Levin College of Law, Gainesville, Florida 2011
- Florida Journal of International Law, Editor
- Journal of Technology Law and Policy, Communications Executive
- Corporate & Securities Litigation Group President
- University of Massachusetts, Amherst, 2008, Bachelor of Political Science, Cum Laude
- Honors Commonwealth College Graduate
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Eighth Judicial Circuit Bar Association
- Young Lawyers Division of the Florida Bar
- Big Brother Big Sisters of Mid-Florida
- Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc.