- HITECH and Your Business Associate Agreements…To Amend or Not to Amend?
- Accepting the Inevitable: Trends, Expected Outcomes, and What to Look for as Electronic Health Record Implementation Goes Forward
- What is the difference between an EHR and an EMR?
- Industry Updates – LinkedIn Articles
- CMS Issues Proposed Rule Introducing QPP
- Application Deadline for the Medicare EHR Incentive Program Hardship Exception Extended from March 15 to July 1
Admissions & Licensure
- Florida, 2002
- Pennsylvania, 2001
- Licensed Health Care Risk Manager, Florida Agency for Health Care Administration, 2008
- Board Certified Professional in Patient Safety (NPSF), 2016
- Cornell University, Sloan Program in Health Administration, Ithaca, NY Certificate in Healthcare Facilities Strategic Planning & Design, 2012
- University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, Certificate in Health Care Risk Management, 2008
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, Pittsburgh, PA 2001, Juris Doctorate, cum laude Certificate in Health Law, 2001 Honors: CALI Excellence for the Future Award Health Care Fraud & Abuse, advanced to NationalHealth Law Moot Court Competition
- Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, Bachelor of Science in Industrial & Labor Relations, 1998 Honors: Fellow, Cornell Traditions, elected President, Cornell Pre-Law Society, elected Vice-President Cornell Mock-Trial Executive Board
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Health Lawyers Association, Member and Author
- National Patient Safety Foundation, American Society of Professionals in Patient Safety, Member
- The Florida Bar Association
- The Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Board Member and Treasurer, City of Gainesville Nature Centers Commission
Awards & Publications
- University of Florida Superior Accomplishment Award, 2011
- State of Florida Reporter, American Health Lawyers Association, Healthcare Reform Educational Task Force: Florida Legislative Update, April 1, 2010; Florida-Recent Healthcare Reform Developments, November 25, 2008
- Author, HITECH and Your Business Associate Agreements . . . To Amend or Not to Amend?,American Health Lawyers Association, Teaching Hospitals & Academic Medical Centers Publication, April 2010, Vol. 7, Issue 1.
- Author, Accepting the Inevitable: Trends, Expected Outcomes, and What to Look for as Electronic Health Record Implementation Goes Forward, American Health Lawyers Association, Teaching Hospitals & Academic Medical Centers Publication, January 2007, Vol. 5, Issue 1.
- Co-author, Medical Malpractice Tort Reform, Pittsburgh Hospital News, September 2001, Vol. 15, Issue 9.
- Speaker: Tax-Exempt Issues for Nonprofit Organizations, Presentation to Mon Valley Providers Council, April 2002.
- Speaker: Health Law Briefing on Medical Devices Act and Preemption, Nov. 10, 2000, Health Law Section, Allegheny County Bar Association.